Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Katrina Kaif wants to go under the knife for a role


To get under the skin of her character in Dibakar Banerjee’s ‘Seeta aur Geeta’, Katrina Kaif wants to get tips from Hema Malini on the techniques of hurling knives at her co-stars in the remake.
In the original the veteran actress had played a knife-throwing gypsy street performer.

Katrina has said that she would like to do all the daring acts that Hema Malini did in the original.

Talking to a news daily, Katrina said, “Hemaji seems to have so much fun playing Geeta! I want to do all the daring stuff she did, including climbing the ceiling-fan in the police station. But what I’m especially fascinated by are the knives.”

When Hema heard that Kat wants tips for throwing knives, the veteran actress was sporting enough and said “Sure, why not? I think Katrina would make a wonderful Geeta in ‘Seeta Aur Geeta’. But let me warn her it wasn’t easy for me to do all the stunts and running around. To play Geeta I needed very high energy levels. As for the knife-throwing scenes they were made somewhat easy because I had played a knife-throwing gypsy girl in my very first Hindi film, ‘Sapnon Ka Saudagar’. It was great fun and I’m sure Katrina would have fun doing the role.”

As Geeta, Katrina will have to play a knife-throwing gypsy street-performer, a street-side entertainment that was popular years ago.

In the original Dharmendra played the lead opposite Geeta, and the duo went on to become one of the most popular on and off screen pair in the Hindi film industry. Given such a history, our ‘Sheila’ aka Katrina would also want a certain Mr Kapoor to be paired opposite her to recreate similar magic on screen. What say Kat?

No comments:

Post a Comment